Our team is comprised of creative, self-motivated, hands-on engineers, designers, and technicians who love conceptualizing and quickly bringing to market exciting new products. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional person with 10+ years’ experience in AC power supply circuit design. Project leadership and LED lighting design experience a strong plus.
In this role you will drive innovative products design and execution from concept investigation and design analysis to successful production execution. You are hands-on and have advanced knowledge and experience in design analysis, modeling and simulations, schematic/BOM generation, PCB layout, DFM, prototype developments, tests & validations, qualification, and taking products to production.
Proven abilities in the following:
- AC Power supply safety.
- Understanding EMC/EMI requirements and mitigation technique implementation.
- Power supply PCB layout.
- State of the art techniques for efficiency optimizations including no load/light load efficiency techniques.
- Deep understanding of thermals, mechanical, and packaging challenges.
- Deep understanding of materials’, components’ and design requirements to assure long term reliability of AC circuits.
- UL, CE, CSA Certification Processes.
- Use of Altium for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Highly Proficient in the use of testing and analysis tools such as mixed signal O-scope, signal generators, spectrum analyzer, power supplies, power meters, Hi Pot testers, network analyzers.
- AC Circuit simulation interpretation and application.
- Universal AC Circuits design.
- Design of AC circuits for Noise mitigation.
- Design of AC circuits requiring power factor correction of 0.9 or higher.
- Design of High-efficiency switch-mode power supplies.
- Design of Isolated Power Supplies, control circuits or lighting circuits.
- Design of DC/DC converters and AC-DC rectifier for universal AC input.
- Design of high efficiency AC circuits with power ratings from 50 watts to 200 watts or higher.
- Ability to select the best design option for power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost, and scalability.
- Lead Power supply design concept definition in collaboration with cross-functional team.
- Provide design simulation, calculations, and analytical models for prediction of design concept.
- Provide design Schematic, PCB layout and BOM.
- Conduct design and layout reviews with cross-functional teams.
- Adhere to robust design methodologies for successful project execution.
- Perform R&D testing to optimize performance and pass standard, EMC, EMI, ESD compliance tests.
- Develop electrical DFMEA, perform worst case analysis and simulations and develop structured problem solving techniques for test failure resolution.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions.
- Develop product design requirements based on a product definition.
- Conduct thorough prototypes test and results validation. Hands-on work in lab is a must.
- Develop and implement test methodologies for design verification as well as production testing.
- Produce designs for long term reliability in a marine environment.
- Produce designs which are geared towards 100 to 2000 units per year production quantity.
- 10+ years industry experience and must have a BSEE. Strong background in power electronics.
The following are considered beneficial in this position:
- Knowledge of embedded programming languages such as C, C++
- Knowledge of NXP (Freescale) CodeWarrior environment.
- Lighting design experience.
You will find this position very satisfying if you:
- Are passionate about your work and look forward to bringing great products to market.
- Are highly creative, and enjoy using that creativity to focus your technical expertise on problems to develop elegant solutions.
- Tend to be generally positive and approach most challenges with the firm belief that you will succeed.
- Have a broad range of personal and professional interests and tend to want to learn things even if they are outside of your core area of focus.
- Love to build, tinker, design, create, modify and experiment.
- A love for boating is a plus.