- Ability to select the best design option for power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost, and scalability.
- Lead Power supply design concept definition in collaboration with cross-functional team.
- Provide design simulation, calculations, and analytical models for prediction of design concept.
- Provide design Schematic, PCB layout and BOM.
- Conduct design and layout reviews with cross-functional teams.
- Adhere to robust design methodologies for successful project execution.
- Perform R&D testing to optimize performance and pass standard, EMC, EMI, ESD compliance tests.
- Develop electrical DFMEA, perform worst case analysis and simulations and develop structured problem solving techniques for test failure resolution.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions.
- Develop product design requirements based on a product definition.
- Conduct thorough prototypes test and results validation. Hands-on work in lab is a must.
- Develop and implement test methodologies for design verification as well as production testing.
- Produce designs for long term reliability in a marine environment.
- Produce designs which are geared towards 100 to 2000 units per year production quantity.
- 10+ years industry experience and must have a BSEE. Strong background in power electronics.
The following are considered beneficial in this position:
- Knowledge of embedded programming languages such as C, C++
- Knowledge of NXP (Freescale) CodeWarrior environment.
- Lighting design experience.
You will find this position very satisfying if you:
- Are passionate about your work and look forward to bringing great products to market.
- Are highly creative, and enjoy using that creativity to focus your technical expertise on problems to develop elegant solutions.
- Tend to be generally positive and approach most challenges with the firm belief that you will succeed.
- Have a broad range of personal and professional interests and tend to want to learn things even if they are outside of your core area of focus.
- Love to build, tinker, design, create, modify and experiment.
- A love for boating is a plus.
If this sounds like you, email us with your resume. This could be the opportunity you are looking for to expand your skills, contribute to a winning company, and work with talented people who love what they do and take pride in our company.