Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You'll Do
- Push the bounds of real-world geographic data with Mapbox and Unity 3D and help build the future of location
- Build tools to make Mapbox’s location platform easily accessible in Unity 3D
- Design procedural mesh generation pipelines to create environments and maps using GIS data
- Build tools to integrate location services and map data into Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Dig in on tough problems involving the streaming of global coverages of map data into 3D geometries and the integration of location services like geocoding and directions into game environments
- Engineer creative solutions to the complexities of massive datasets and services into game environment
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience writing low-level code and toolsets for Unity
- C# experience
- Organized and thoughtful developer
- Knowledge programming for performance and usability
- Excited to use complex geographic data to create new 3D map experiences
- Eager to dive into the translation of traditional map data to 3D objects, meshes, and shaders
- Positive attitude to work through hard problems every day and turn them into motivation
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.