Our Psychologist provides individual therapy and group psychotherapy. Conducts psychological testing with committed patients and is an active member of the treatment team, providing staff education as needed on psychological issues. Responsible for developing; monitoring and implementing behavioral management plans as well as assigned responsibilities for quality assurance monitoring.
Education for Psychologist:
- A Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical psychology from an accredited university.
Experience for Psychologist:
- Two (2) years of experience in a psychiatric hospital or correctional facility is preferred.
Licenses/Certification for Psychologist:
- Current license as a Psychologist in the state of practice.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy, family therapy, design and implementation of individualized behavior plans,
- Provides psychological testing to committed patients
- Assists with quality assurance reviews as required.
- Serves as a consultant to the multidisciplinary teams.
- Supervises and trains the psychology students. Provides individual and group supervision to psychology interns.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Otherresponsibilities may be performed as assigned.