Clinical Services Administration
Full Time (benefits eligible)
Monday through Friday
Hours Per Week:
Minimum Education Required:Job Details:
The Trauma Disorders Program is a nationally and internationally recognized program for the treatment of individuals with psychological trauma experienced often from situations such as childhood abuse, human trafficking and witnessing violence. The program is designed to treat patients with post-traumatic stress disorder, dissociative disorders and other complex post-traumatic conditions. Our program utilizes an intensive multi-disciplinary treatment approach through individual therapy, milieu therapy, and process-oriented, experiential, and psycho-educational group therapies.
As a Unit Manager you will:
- Provide 24-hour operational management of the unit.
- Manage expense budget(s) of assigned clinical programs and maintain clinical environment and staffing strategy that enables the program to maintain or exceed budgeted census.
- Respond to changes in patient acuity and census and make appropriate adjustments to ensure the maintenance of a safe and therapeutic environment of care; respond to changing program needs that meet internal and external requirements.
- Utilize provisions of psychiatric care in the delivery of direct patient care, consultative activities, staff development, and treatment planning.
- Participate in appropriate marketing activities, promoting effective team-building, quality improvement and strong orientation toward customer relations
- Supervise nursing, social work, rehabilitation services, and support staff
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited nursing program and at least 3 years of progressively more responsible inpatient psychiatric nursing experience. Individuals without a bachelor's degree may be considered if they have completed a diploma nursing program and have at least 5 years of progressively more responsible inpatient psychiatric nursing experience.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Maryland.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn about and work with this population. No previous experienceworking with trauma patients is required as manager will receive supervision/training on how to work with the population.