Req #: 16469
Geropsychiatric Inpatient Unit (2E)
Full Time (benefits eligible)
varies as needed
Hours Per Week:
Minimum Education Required:Job Details:
As a Unit Manager you will:
- Provide 24-hour operational management of the unit.
- Manage expense budget(s) of assigned clinical programs and maintain clinical environment and staffing strategy that enables the program to maintain or exceed budgeted census.
- Respond to changes in patient acuity and census and make appropriate adjustments to ensure the maintenance of a safe and therapeutic environment of care; respond to changing program needs that meet internal and external requirements.
- Utilize clinical expertise in the delivery of direct patient care, consultative activities, staff development, and treatment planning.
- Participate in appropriate marketing activities, promoting effective team-building, quality improvement and strong orientation toward customer relations.
- Supervise nursing, social work, rehabilitation services, and support staff.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited nursing program and at least 3 years of progressively more responsible inpatient psychiatric nursing experience. Individuals without a bachelor's degree may be considered if they have completed a diploma nursing program and have at least 5 years of progressively more responsible inpatient psychiatric nursing experience.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Maryland.