The Unit Maintenance Engineer, (UME), (working closely with the unit superintendent), coordinates and managesscheduled and breakdown maintenance of equipment in the CTL unit. Additionally, the UME will work with the sustenance capital lead, CPG and the unit superintendent to develop a capital plan that includes HSE, PSM as well as reliability improvement projects. The Unit Maintenance Engineer will also work with the reliabilityengineering team to solve equipment reliability problems in the CTL unit.Work typically involves:
- Maintenance first response support to CTL, meeting the unscheduled downtime targets defined by the unit and asset strategies
- Provide daily supervision for the Unit Maintenance Coordinator (UMC).
- Coordinating interrupt maintenance as well as weekly and monthly maintenance scheduling with the UMC.
- Responding to breakdown, diagnosing faults, supervise engineering and technical staff and interface with maintenance function groups in order to diagnose failure mechanisms to define repair methods and prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for CTL maintenance budget. Maintain statistical and financial records
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation, full compliance with all regulatory and Syngenta standards.
- Create, develop and maintain maintenance procedures with the emphasis on improving present maintenance operations and activities.
- Collaborate with stores for relevant and accurate stocks of supplies and equipment.
- Creation and completion of appropriate maintenance programs fully aligned to site and CTL strategy and objectives (sustenance, mechanical reliability, mechanical integrity, preventive maintenance programs)
- Ability to employ Reliability Centered (RCM) techniques such as fault as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to help determine the effectiveness of the CTL PM program.
- Provide technical assistance and facilitation of training for CTL personnel in proper equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ensure all CTL equipment is accurately reflected in SAP.
- Contribute at a high level to a safe working environment.
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies and investigate/propose alternates to existing systems that may result in greater efficiency, reliability and/or Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance for the processes.
- Assist process engineering in developing CTL project scopes.
- Represent CTL in maintenance dept. team meetings
- Represent maintenance and the CTL unit in OPEX initiatives
- Support Capital Projects as they relate to the CTL unit.
- Lead or participate in the incident investigations and root cause analysis process to develop action items to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist with completion of Management of Change (MOC) / Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) action items.
- Working with the reliability team, Identify and implement predictive maintenance practices for CTL equipment including corrective repairs through coordination of outside vendors.Function as a contributing member of the site maintenance team for all CTL maintenance issues.
Critical success factors & key challenges:
- Establish and report reliability metrics for CTL equipment and systems
- Provide on-going technical support for existing systems, including trouble-shooting assistance to engineers, supervision and operations, maintenance and project technicians.
- Provide recommendations to the reliability team for changes, additions and/or deletions of items within preventive/predictive maintenance program for the CTL unit.
- Provide assistance to maintenance personnel with MOC processes related to the CTL unit and associated documentation needs.
- Attend department and other site meetings as required to provide technical information and stay abreast of CTL as well as site issues.
- Enforce site safety rules and procedures within area of responsibility.Perform special assignments and others duties as requested by department manager.
- 10 years in chemical or refining manufacturing experience is required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or ElectricalEngineering is required.
- Proficiency with SAP, MS Excel, MS Word, and Electronic Communications such as Outlook or other email systems is required.
- Hands on expertise in troubleshooting at the system and equipment level.
- Ability in applying a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Comprehensive understanding of rotating, fixed and electrical equipment, process technology and chemical manufacturing.
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision - managing multiple tasks in a dynamic self-directed work environment.
- Sound knowledge of the RAGAGEP.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Effective written, oral communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule due to a need for periodic responses for call outs on nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This role requires heavy field experience and ability to move throughout the site to investigate and make determination of needs.
- This position may require extensive walking and climbing within structures.
- This position requires the ability to be in the elements from time to time.