As Unit Director you are be responsible for the overall cleanliness, sanitation, and security of the assigned buildings. You are responsible for successfully coordinating all work activities of janitorial personnel. You must also have the ability to supervise, direct, and develop supervisors and hourly employees in accordance with company guidelines, and to ensure customer satisfaction through high quality standards, while maintaining an environment that is safe and equitable.
- Communicate between various shifts to ensure applicable completion of tasks.
- Train workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper operation of equipment.
- Issues janitorial supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Daily inspection and follow through on all assignments, directives and projects to ensure task completion.
- Cross train and develop personnel for multiple positions/duties.
- Weekly staff reports and inspections to General Manager - this includes reporting of all issues, recommendations and task documents.
- Meet with Directors weekly to review task completion and future projects.
- College degree preferred.
- One to two years as supervisor in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to engage and motivate staff.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function appropriate under demanding conditions.
- Excellent customer services skills is a must.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning equipment.
Req ID: 232998