Is this opportunity right for you?
The diversity of Sodexo's client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Management of all Unit finances (AR/AP, inventory, fixed assets) including but not limited to direct Client interface for spreadsheets, databases, SAP, Essbase/SmartView, Evision and UFS
- provide financial and analytical support for sales, operations and field finance to assist in financial decision-making process;
- Interact with client on a daily basis
- act as a business partner to Sales, Finance and Operations;
- ensure that the proposal, contract and invoicing for new business is consistent with the costing assumptions; and
- Produce weekly flashreporting process including maintaining consistent report formats across the contract
- Perform the weekly/monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit level
- Supports the periodic closing and analysis by working with the finance team to ensure that regional and global activities are properly accounted for in the period and adequately explained
- Supports and develops the Budgeting and Forecasting activities including population and loading of budget models
- Responsible for developing, preparing and analyzing financial client reports needed for month end close, planning, budgeting, cost control, reconcile cost plus contract
- Ability to read and interpret contracts to ensure compliance
- Interact with the client on a regular basis to ensure we are meeting their needs
The ideal candidate will:
- have strong knowledge of accounting policies and procedures, familiarity with accounting processes of a large company, strong analytical skills and advanced proficiency in finance related computer applications;
- have the ability to applyGAAP and IFRS, Sodexo policies and procedures, and provide objective accounting judgment in the production of accurate and reliable financialreports for Sodexo and its clients;
- support customization of non-standard operating statements, executive summaries and centralized billings;
- have the ability to develop working relationships with field operators and the ability to interpret, analyze and explain financial information – this includes understanding financial data and accurately interpreting financial statements and reports, identifying the key factors
- affecting the financial performance of the division using financial data to accurately diagnose business realities, identifying key issues and developing strategies and plans;
- have strong computer skills;
- have an undergraduatedegree in business or a quantitative discipline (accounting or financepreferred), with a minimum of five years related work experience in operations or finance; and
- have an Operations background (preferable) with the ability to demonstrate a firm understanding of fundamental operational and quantitative analysis principles.
- Professionalism, initiative, manage multiple tasks, and strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills, and an ability to respect deadlines
Careers in Corporate:
Working for Sodexo at Corporate locations gives you the opportunity to help people perform better by improving their daily life in the workplace – what we call Quality of Life. Quality of Life means an environment of respect for people, for wellness and for greater productivity. Quality of Life means a workplace that creates greater efficiency, satisfaction and productivity. It means a business that understands that the wellness of people has a direct connection to the wellness of the organization's bottom line.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. .