Unified Communications Support Engineer
Technical Innovation believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in this job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer his or her services wherever or whenever necessary to ensure the success of TI’s endeavors.
Tier 2 Managed Services Support Engineer with core infrastructure, voice, and collaboration expertise will provide remote proactive and reactive support for clients. Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the client's Cisco Unified Communications solution including voice and video endpoints for multiple sites.
Candidates should also be highly motivated, eager to learn new technologies, and able to effectively communicate ensuring superior customer service to maintain a strong customer relationship. Strong preference given to candidates with CCNP Collaboration certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a working knowledge of emerging trends in the UC industry as a whole
• Ability to understand IP Network Convergence and architect/articulate UC networks to facilitate successful transport of multiple types of UC applications
• Ability to troubleshoot end-to-end networks for the deployment of UC
• Upgrade new or existing system components in accordance with customer approved functional design requirements
• Test and validate system functionality
• Remotely monitor and manage high level video conferencing meetings
• Work with the engineering team to assist in the implementation of voice, video, and data network solutions
• Provide quality customer support and build client relationships
• Troubleshoot system issues
• Maintain tickets by assigned status; updates/follow-up required within specified SLA urgency.
• Assemble reports/paperwork as required for recording customer interactions.
• In coordination with CTAC Manager, translate best practices into Unified Collaboration/Telepresence Managed Services Offerings, strategies and procedures furthering TI business objectives.
• Access remotely, and on-site where appropriate, the performance of managed services and on-site facilitation enhancing the value of TI service offerings.
• Provide detailed evaluation and assessment of key customer systems to further long term customer relationships.
• Respond to client requests for changes to video infrastructure configuration, such as default values for Telepresence Server / MCU layout, changes to firewall traversal, add users, update customized settings, phone books
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and minimum of 5+ years’ experience supporting IP based network equipment and/or software applications with a strong preference given to videoconferencing technology.
• CCNA or CCNA Collaboration required
• CCNP Preferred
• 5+ years of Cisco VoIP and IP Telephony troubleshooting experience
• Experience with Cisco Telepresence systems including EX/DX endpoints, MX series, etc.
• Experience with Cisco Unified Communications applications, including CallManager, CallManager Express, Unity, Unity Connection, Unity Express, Cisco Prime, IM&P, VCS, Expressway, TPS, TCS, Conductor and Contact Center Express
• Experience with IP Telephony protocols, including SIP, H323, and MGCP
• Experience with supporting and troubleshooting Quality of Service and Multicast
• Experience with using and troubleshooting VMWare
• Strong knowledge of IP protocols, Cisco IOS, switching/routing protocols and Firewall Traversal for H.323 and SIP video
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.