It’s a great time to join Elsevier: we are running a major Networking and End User Computing (EUC) transformation programme and shifting from on-premise infrastructure to commodity cloud based services.
Reporting to the Enterprise Systems Manager, you will join a team of expert engineers and execute against a global strategy to deliver a flexible and dynamic workplace experience, enabling our people to access services from any device, anywhere.
This role requires an individual with a background in engineering and demonstrable experience of supporting Unified Communications Services within large scale complex Enterprise environments.
Assist in defining and implementing our Unified Comms strategy
Bridge the gap between engineering and support by sharing knowledge and providing guidance to other engineers
Continual service improvement projects
Work across a wide range of services including: Messaging, Voice, Video, Presence, Collaboration tools, MDM solutions, directory services and identity management
- Significant IT experience (7+ years relevant work experience) with at least 2 years as a Unified Comms Engineer Level 3.
- Excellent technical skills and experience gained from working within complex Enterprise infrastructure projects. You must be able to demonstrate how you’ve supported large scale migrations/transformations programmes.
- Demonstrable experience in translating high level technical architectures and service design requirements into a clear and coherent low-level designs.
- Significant experience of infrastructure and application architectures, particularly with respect to cloud services, automation techniques and managing ‘infrastructure as code’ leading to consistent delivery and to high levels of quality.
- Experience in the automation of manual tasks and seeking out efficiencies by ‘shifting left’ where possible.
- Experience of advanced problem management and troubleshooting techniques, performance and capacity reporting using various tools.
- Good understanding of security best practices, particularly in relation to software patching, data leakage prevention and encryption.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of Incident and Problem Management, with an understanding of other ITIL processes, applied across multi-platform technologies.
- Experience of working in a geographically dispersed, international organization.
Being an innovative, proactive and positive team player with excellent communication and service skills, confident in communicating technical issues and managing the demands of non-IT staff and senior stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of implementing and supporting Office 365 in a Hybrid environment
- Expert knowledge of Lync/Skype for Business, Enterprise Voice, PSTN connectivity and Cloud PBX in a global organisation
- Expert knowledge of video conferencing solutions (Polycom, Logitech etc)
- Advanced knowledge of MDM technologies (InTune) and how these are used to support a BYOD strategy
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services, ADFS, SSO and cloud based identity management
- Advanced knowledge of networking including SIP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, LDAP and Kerberos
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016 and Hyper-V to support regional office locations
- Knowledge of PowerShell to automate complex and repetitive operations for L1 and L2 support teams
- Knowledge of tracking assets and deploying software using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field.
- Microsoft MSCE certification in relevant disciplines.
- ITIL Intermediate level