Design, develop, engineer, and maintain the Unified Communications platform, which includes: instant messaging; desktop, room, and mobile video conferencing; web conferencing; telephony endpoints and infrastructure; audio-visual infrastructure; white boarding and collaboration tools; live and on-demand streaming video and digital signage.
Play role in the strategic delivery for architecture and deployment of cutting-edge Unified Communications technologies, including Lync/Skype for Business, Enterprise Voice, and Asterisk. Develop and engineer advanced integrated technology solutions to meet the needs of a fast-growing and diverse business with offices in multiple countries. Work with a wide range of products and technologies to meet the company’s collaboration needs. Participate in producing complex events (e.g. video conferences, meetings, presentations) that are highly visible and easily accessible within the company.
Minimum education required: Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, or Computer Science.
Skills required: Must have knowledge of the following skills/technologies:
- VoIP, video and control protocols such as H.323, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), H.264 SVC/HP (Scalable video protocol), Real-Time Protocol (RTP), Session description protocol (SDP), Real time streaming protocol (RTSP), and Http live streaming (HLS);
- OSI model and TCP/IP protocol stack, network routing protocols, Quality of Service (QoS), and Access Control lists (ACLs);
- Network diagnostic techniques and tools such as packet capture and sniffing using Wireshark and Windows network monitor (NetMon);
- Audio and video conferencing technologies such as Polycom, Audio-Visual room control technologies (including Creston, AMX, and Lutron), audio DSP systems (including Polycom Soundstructure and ClearOne Biamp), audio-visual system user interface design, and local and remote conference bridging solutions;
- Crestron communication APIs commands used for RS232, GPIO set-up;
- Configuring switches and subnets and troubleshooting DNS & DHCP issues;
- 3rd party API integration and development/scripting using Linux, PowerShell, and Python;
- Microsoft’s broader productivity and foundational suites, including Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, SharePoint, and SQL Server;
- Troubleshooting connectivity in environments with multiple networks and firewalls; and,
- Lync Enterprise Voice gateways and session border controllers (e.g. Audio Codes, Sonus, Acme Packet) and telephony dial plan design.
- Passing of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) examination is also required.