The Software Engineer will review, analyze, design, code and unit test computer software programs and applications. The Software Engineer works closely with other Software Engineers, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance Analysts to assess, enhance, maintain and support software solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Analyze functional specifications to design and code new applications or customize existing applications in a multi-value database environment - Unidata
- Develop programming effort estimation based on requirements and scope of project
- Provide support and research for existing and new software
- Test programming changes and document results
- Provide training and documentation on functional changes
- Review existing applications to continually increase quality and efficiency
- Handle multiple assignments, prioritize tasks and meet demanding timelines
- Follow and suggest improvements to the basys engineering processes, procedures and best practices
- Develop a solid understanding of basys domain/industry knowledge to effectively provide technical solutions
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4+ years’ professional experience designing, developing and unit testing software applications
- Extensive hands-on design and development experience with PICK (MultiValue) databases, preferably Unidata
- UNIX/LINUX experience a plus
- Microsoft .NET, C#, SQL Server experience a plus
- Advanced problem solving skills, logical and analytical approach to problem detection and resolution
- Strong technical aptitude and skills required to quickly learn new and complex software systems and applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate technical terminology, concepts, and issues in terms understandable to both technical and non-technical resources
For four decades basys continuously is the recognized leader in developing, deploying and supporting software solutions in the Taft-Hartley industry. We provide an integrated solution suite to make our customers work more efficiently. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and with employees working across the United States, our highly-skilled technologists collaborate to solve complex business problems and deliver tailored software applications to suit our customers’ business needs.
Our people are vital to our success.
- We provide opportunity, nurture talent, and develop leaders…
- Imagine a career where you take pride in the work you do.
- The solutions you develop have a direct impact within the industry.
- You are appreciated and acknowledged for going above and beyond the bar that is already set high.
- You receive honest and constructive feedback to propel your career to the next level.
- A place that values diverse backgrounds, experiences and personalities, where humor and laughter are encouraged.
We move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and committed to executing each day. If you want to surround yourself with passionate, dedicated people to collaborate in achieving challenging results, choose basys for your next career move and apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer