The Marketing Campaign Developer has at least five years of client facing experience working on the execution of data-driven marketing initiatives. He/she is responsible for executing data-driven marketing initiatives utilizing a campaign management tool, performing activities such as audience selection, trigger qualification, suppressions, segmentation and arbitration.
In addition to relevant technology expertise, this individual must be able to gather and translate business requirements into a technology solution and then implement that solution in an accurate, efficient and reliable manner. He/she must be familiar with various data extraction/manipulation techniques such as select, filter, segment, merge-purge, joins, etc. He/she must also have a strong aptitude towards learning new tools and will be expected to become a power-user of a campaign management/workflow tool. The Interaction Marketing Manager must instill confidence through maturity, expertise and impeccable communications (written and oral) with customers and internal partners.
- Execute data-driven marketing initiatives utilizing a campaign management tool, performing activities such as audience selection, trigger qualification, suppressions, segmentation and arbitration
- Gather and confirm data specifications when gathering campaign information
- Meet face to face with clients to understand needs and assist in campaign strategy and tactics
- Execute campaigns (manual or automated) on a daily/weekly/monthly/as-needed basis and generate output files to be delivered through various marketingchannels (e.g. Direct Mail, Email, Telesales, etc)
- Develop, enforce, and perform quality control activities to ensure processing completes in a timely manner and the output is accurate and complete
- Work with the Account Management team to understand and provide guidance regarding campaign objectives, data specifications, technical requirements, etc.
- Work with the Information Technology team to understand the client’s data and collaborate to identify opportunities for improvement in processing efficiencies
- Provide input to the Account Management team in estimating hours for the project budget
- Maintain open communication with the entire team regarding current project status, issues, concerns, etc.
- Experience in relational databases, data structures and querying language
- Experience with writing SQL statements for data extraction
- A solid understanding of direct marketing vernacular (e.g. modeling, segmentation, test design, control groups)
- Experience with campaign management tools (e.g. CampaignRunner, Unica, Adobe Campaign)
- An aptitude to learn new tools and software quickly
- A solid understanding of key interaction management trends
- A solid understanding of the interaction management vendor landscape
General business skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations