This position is a full time remote position FHA DE preferred. Jumbo experience may supplement for these roles. This individual will be responsible for training and signing off on UW authority for new and current Underwriting staff. This role will work in conjunction with internal corporate training to develop and maintain training for new hires as well as advance current staff to FHA/VA/Jumbo lending designations.
- Responsible for developing and acting as SME on all internal training projects for UW.
- Reviews and evaluates test files for staff and provides actionable feedback.
- Coordinates all underwriting training activities with corporate training and UW production managers
- Ensures and upholds fair lending practices; meets targets for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintains all internal UW trainings as updates to process occur
- Assist on implementation or new process and policy with senior management
- Mentor/Manage new UW staff prior to release into production
- Participate and develop in classroom style trainings
- Assist staff that may need to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Travel will be required when reasonable, negotiable based on current environment, travel is not expected during pandemic conditions-TBD. 25%
- Evaluate UW candidates and participate in all hiring processes
- Other UW responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 6-10 years’ mortgage banking experience
- Minimum of 6-10 years’ experience in an underwriting role
- Strong knowledge of FHA, VA guidelines preferred
- FHA authority preferred
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Current ability to use remote technology to assist remote staff (ZOOM, TEAMS etc.)
- General knowledge of Mortgage Banking origination practices, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Thorough knowledge of all GSE underwriting requirements as it pertains to Correspondent TPO Lending.
- Strong understanding of the operational responsibilities involved in the purchase and transfer of whole loan assets as it pertains to credit quality
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems
- Working knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT and ACCESS, Skills in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening, and presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.