- Responsible for marketing and underwriting a book consisting of large accounts and complex risks for partner brokers.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Meet renewal retention goals through strong negotiation and communication skills which may involve onsite meetings with brokers, clients, or centers of influence.
- Identify and target new business and cross sell opportunities by building relationships with producers and account managers.
- Document underwriting files accordingly per authority statements and guidelines.
- Assist in annual audits for specific product lines.
- Use sophisticated underwriting and producer management tools to meet profitability goals.
- Make independent sales calls to build strong relationships and grow the book of business.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend modifications to underwriting guidelines and workflows.
- Engage in various underwriting and marketing projects to improve overall company results.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- 6 plus years of Personal Lines Property & Casualty Insurance experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Must be well-organized and have the ability to work independently as to "own" their book of business.
- Positive, energetic, self-motivated, and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge.