Nautilus Insurance Group is a strong underwriting Company and respected leader in the E&S industry. Our culture promotes creativity, integrity and respect, allowing us to attract and retain quality employees. Nautilus is a subsidiary of the W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company recognized as one of the most respected names in the property casualty insurance industry. Nautilus writes Commercial Excess and Surplus Lines business in all 50 states.
Wholesale General Agents are used exclusively to distribute our products. Many of our agent relationships date back to our inception in 1985, illustrating our practice of choosing long-term partners who share our values and underwriting discipline. If you have a passion for providing excellent customer service while working for a financially solid and respected company, we look forward to considering your application. Please visit our for more information about Nautilus Insurance Group.
The Underwriting Innovation Department is integral to Nautilus' success as we profitably grow our business. Underwriting Innovation includes three separate teams for Product Development, Admitted Filings & Forms and Agent Experience. The Product Director, Casualty, is a leader within the Product Development team. UW Innovation works collaboratively with many internal departments, including Regulatory, Production Underwriting, Marketing, Actuarial and IT.
- Responsible for strategic direction of Casualty line of business including directing the implementation of the operating plan.
- Accountable for product and program development, premium growth, success, and profitability.
- Researches and implements recommendations regarding the design, pricing, underwriting, distribution and other processes related to managing the product life cycle.
- Directs relationships with relevant functions such as Production Underwriting, Claims, Actuarial, Legal and IT.
- Contribute line of business expertise across the enterprise.
- May lead 1-3 direct reports.
- May travel to industry conferences.
- 10+ years of commercial insurance experience with 3+ years of E&S required
- 3+ years of underwriting experiencerequired
- 3+ years of leadership experiencepreferred
- Bachelor?s Degreerequired
- AIS, ASLI, AU or CPCU are preferred
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- May be filled at the Director or Senior Director level, based on experience
- Relocation reimbursement may be available based on candidateexperience