Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
Reviews and underwrites mortgage files to underwriting guidelines. Determines stipulations on loan files and communicates directly with branch/division personnel to resolve the stipulations. Assist other team members with files, which exceed approval guidelines and exceptions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage underwriters to ensure mortgage loans are underwritten in compliance with underwriting guidelines and state and federal reporting guidelines (RESPA, HMDA, and Section 32).
- Ensures underwriters are verifying all documentation with regards to: income, credit, appraisal and title information.
- Effectively communicates required stipulations to the branch/division and assists where possible to expedite final approval of the file.
- Promptly and accurately reviews files to issue pre-approvals, which are outside standard guidelines.
- Ensures accurate pricing within established guidelines.
- Reviews files, which have been appealed by the branch/division office.
- Trains branch/division staff on underwriting and documentation requirements.
- Approves files that are exceptions to the guidelines or in excess of supervisors’ approval authority.
- Ensures that appraisal and title insurance is provided by an approved vendor.
- Responsible for productivity reporting and projections as required by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from a 4-years college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Seven years of experience in mortgage underwriting or lending experience
Job Requisition ID: