Our experienced underwriting team is dedicated to providing effective solutions for all types of companies. Outside the United States, we are committed to the professional lines segment in Bermuda, London, Malta, Dubai and São Paulo, where professional lines are at the core of our operations. This gives us an overall broader perspective on the risks faced in an increasingly global marketplace.
Argo Pro U.S. has a challenging opportunity for an Underwriting Manager to join the Financial Institutions team based in New York City, NY. The Underwriting Manager will actively participate in the production underwriting, marketing and processing of diversified financial institution management liability lines of business.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Actively participate in the achievement of monthly and annual profitability and production goals and objectives for the diversified financial institution management liability group. Be a key contributor and help build and selectively manage portfolio’s overall GWP, LR and CR objectives.
- Underwrite and analyze new business and renewal submissions. Products include D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, E&O and Financial Fidelity on both a primary and excess basis. Areas of focus include Investment Advisers, Mutual Funds, Insurance Companies, Private Equity and REITS.
- Ensure our marketing initiatives are achieved and that consistent communication of our products and services are provided to our retail and wholesale brokers.
- Further develop existing broker relations as well as establish new relationships in targeted territories to attract business opportunities.
- Provide reports (daily, weekly, monthly) and status updates, as required by the Regional Manager and head of Argo Pro.
- Actively participate in client and broker meetings, as required.
- Ensure fully aware and informed of the evolving economic and insurance marketplace to ensure understand underwriting trends, legal developments and concerns.
- Assist in the attraction, hiring and retention of quality underwriting.
- Ensure professional development of underwriting team including continued growth in underwriting knowledge and skills as well as professional behavior
- Participate in special projects and assignments as requested.
Experience requirements are:
- Five to eight years underwriting experience in financial institution underwriting of management or professional lines
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word. Experience with Imageright also beneficial.
- Excellent organization skills, very strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required. The ability to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Strong customer service with a professional attitude and approach needed.
- Ability to interact and communicate with various levels of the organization to cross sell or address processing requirements. Ability to work independently with guidance and procedures provided as well collaborate with a team.