$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Sentry's dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently looking for an analytical and result driven individual to provide outstanding underwriting leadership to a team of property and casualty underwriters at our Portland, OR regional office. This unit handles workers' compensation, auto, property, and general liability accounts with premium sizes up to $500K. The idealcandidate should have prior management experience as well as an inquiring mind, an ability to probe, analyze and provide sound rationale for actions taken.
What You'll Do
As the Underwriter Manager for commercial lines you'll oversee and guide the implementation and successful execution of our business strategy and uphold continuous improvement through leadership focused on process, problem solving, performance, partnering, purpose and people.
In addition you'll:
• Supervise the day to day underwriting operations while providing guidance to a team of underwriters
• Recommend/implement changes to improve productivity, growth, profitability and quality
• Interpret underwriting guidelines for larger or more complex files
• Handle difficult underwriting inquiries through direct personal action
• Coordinate and participate in underwriting training programs
• Attend sales team meetings and present and work with sales in pursuing new accounts
• Travel to agency/insured to develop and maintain effective business relationships
What it Takes
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 7-10 years of previous property and casualty underwriting experience.
• Exceptional communication, organization, analytical and leadership skills
• High level of presentation skills to present to brokers and clients
• Previous courses in management or management experience preferred
• Completion in or currently taking Insurance courses such as IIA and CPCU preferred
• Ability to meet travel requirements – Overnight travel up to 25% of time.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both atwork, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you'll receive.
Valid Through: 2019-10-31