Responsibilities for the Underwriter include:
- Underwrite mortgage files within 24-48 hours of assignment with adherence to the appropriate program guidelines, file documentation and data integrity standards, and all published Client's policies and overlays.
- Consistently utilize and complete all required Client and third-party quality control tools when applicable, including EarlyCheck, UCDP reports, income, and asset validation indexes.
- Maintain and apply a comprehensive understanding of FNMA, FHLMC, HUD, VA, USDA.
- Work closelywith the Client's Quality Control department to complete pre-funding audits in a timely manner as well as to ensure that file quality meets all Agency and GSE standards and requirements so that loan files are saleable and insurable.
- Assist the Quality Control, Closing, and Post-closing departments with any post-closing or repurchase requests.
Required qualifications and experience:
- 3-5years of banking underwriting experience. Must be working for a bank currently in the local market.
- Appraisal Knowledge
- Experience using AUS Systems including DU, LP, and GUS
- Construction to perm lending.