Our client is looking for a talented underwriter with a desire to grow professionally and personally. Here is a work from home opportunity that allows for flexibility, support, and an environment where you are treated as a professional.
Occupational Accident Underwriter
The Occupational Accident Underwriter is responsible for the production, underwriting and retention of profitable occupational accident and contingent liability business on a national basis.
- Responsible for underwriting and retaining profitable new or renewal Occupational Accident business and meeting or exceeding HPU annual production and profitability targets.
- Participate in new business development in accordance with the HPU business plan.
- Achieving a 10% new business hit ratio and a 90% retention ratio on all HPU accounts.
- Establish and enhance relationships with all HPU production sources to ensure client retention and foster strategic alliances.
- Providing technical training to new underwriting team members to ensure all risks conform to HPU Underwriting Guidelines and HPU file documentation requirements.
- Participate in enhancing the HPU profile in the transportation market segment. This includes and is not limited to setting and participating in broker marketing calls, attending conventions and other marketing tasks.
- Identify opportunities for product expansion/enhancement to ensure account acquisition and retention and on-going vitality / competitiveness of the product.
- Meet performance standards to ensure that all HPU policies to be issued within 30 days of binding.
- Become a subject matter expert regarding Occupational Accident Transportation Risks.
- Semi Annual traveling to main office and light travel (10%-25%) to producer/broker meetings will be required.
- Position will require availability during core hours (8:30 AM to 5:00 PM local time).
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
- Prior experience managing/growing profitable portfolio of customers.
- Excellent computer, typing, word processing and speaking skills.
- Ease with numbers, negotiation of premiums, details.
- Minimum of 3 years-experience as an Occupational Accident Trucking Underwriter at an MGA or insurance carrier company. Underwriting experience with other P&C lines such as physical damage, non-trucking liability or cargo helpful.
- Excellent knowledge of rating, coverage, and underwriting guidelines for Occupational Accident insurance market.
- Ability to work remote with limited supervision.
- College degree, or equivalent experience, CPCU desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Remain current on all guidelines and forms of our markets.
- Visit assigned agents.
- Whenever possible, respond to all agent requests within 48 hours.
- Follow up with risks submitted to HPU and keep the agents informed of the status of their submissions.
- Issue quotes & binders to the agents in a timely and professional manner.
- Document all transactions and correspondence in accordance with company procedures.
- Upon receiving binder requests, follow all procedures necessary to produce policies in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership for any Underwriter Trainee assigned to you.
- As much as is possible, protect the company and its markets from adverse risks and questionable underwriting information provided by agents.
- Develop good relationships with all market representatives.
- Work as a good team member with all employees.
- Participate in Onboarding Program Team customer meetings.