Purpose of the Job:
To perform appropriate due diligence on new and existing business transactions to ensure the credit risk profile of the loan portfolio meets and/or exceeds the business strategy and performance goals of the Business Finance Line of Business. Senior Underwriter partners with the Business Development Officer and Portfolio Manager to perform primarily the financial and collateral analysis aspects of due diligence with minimal support and guidance from the Credit Executive, Business Finance. The position also supports Portfolio Management with ongoing financial and collateral analysis within existing portfolio companies.
- Partner with Business Development in qualifying and structuring proposed transactions
- Lead the preparation of Prospect Briefing Report memorandums for qualified prospects and assist Business Development in presenting to Business Finance Senior Management and Cadence Senior Loan Committee; take an active role in issuing proposal letters for approved prospects.
- Develop relationships with third- party due diligence vendors including Field Exam, Collateral Appraisal and Background Investigation
- Lead the Transaction Team in partnership with Business Development and Portfolio Management in Identifying the focus, depth and scope of due diligence and gather required information from prospect and outside sources for the purpose of fully understanding the key drivers of the prospect's business and operating strategy.
- Perform thorough due diligence of prospect's historic and projected financial performance and collateralized assets.
- Lead the preparation of written Credit Approval and Credit Risk Review Packages for both new and existing customers in partnership with Business Development and Portfolio Management (new customers) and with Portfolio Management only (existing customers).
- Participate in oral presentation of Credit Approval Packages to Business Finance Senior Management and Cadence Senior Loan Committee.
- Support Portfolio Management during Loan Documentation and
- Play a pivotal role in coaching/mentoring early-career Business Finance Underwriters.
- All other duties as assigned by Business Finance Senior M
- Six to Eight years in ABL Operations, Field Examinations, Portfolio Management or U
- Experience will dictate level of Vice President or Assistant Vice
Knowledge and Skills:
- Concepts of Asset Based Lending, Portfolio Management and/or Underwriting
- Accomplished written and oral communication
- Financial, and cash flow and collateral analysis (including both balance sheet and income statement impacts)
- Independent thinking in a team environment
- Organized, able to multi-task and assign priorities
- Proficient in basic software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 10%-20% travel required to meet prospects and perform due diligence