Skills: underwriting, management liability, professional liability, strong commercial underwriting experience, P&C underwriting experience
General Summary :
• The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh’s IGNITE operating principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth — In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences, and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
• Responsible for the renewal of existing business and the generation of new accounts. Determines terms and conditions for coverage and rates for program profitability. Provides reports on the underwriting results to senior management. Build relationships with the broker distribution force. Negotiate quotation and ensures policies are issued as bound. In addition to managing a robust book of business, the ideal candidate will have the ability and desire to grow and own their assigned territory through aggressive prospect pipeline management and achievement of new business premium goals. This positioninvolves the ability to multi-task at a high operating level while maintaining strong attention to detail. Success in this role is defined by strong account retention, profitable underwriting results and new business all achieved by possessing high energy, proficient negotiation skills with both the brokers and our carrier partner.
• Reviews and analyzes submissions for Professional Liability coverages such as Architects & Engineers, Land Surveyors, Landscape Architects and Construction Consultants.
• Identifies and obtains additional information required for proper analysis of risk including cross referencing withother departments
• Corresponds withother insurance professionals to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies
• Assesses exposure and determines rates, terms and conditions of coverage in accordance with guidelines and uses judgment underwriting to evaluate a risk
• Negotiates terms and conditions with brokers
• Determines whether to accept, modify, or decline risks
• Develops or modifies policy wording when standard text is not appropriate
• Binds coverage and initiates issuance of documents
• Prepares and maintains periodic reports pertinent to the ongoing operation of the department
• Services current accounts
• Provides advice and expertise to other underwriters on underwritingissues
• Assists in special projects in conjunction withmarketing and business plans
• 3-5years of insurance related experience, professional liabilitypreferred but not required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations
• Strong analytical and judgment skills; excellent problem solving ability
• College degree, preferably in insurance or business administration