Our Client is looking for a talented underwriter to work from home or their office in Clovis, California.
To produce a profitable book of business from each of the agents assigned to you.
To achieve the yearly individual production objectives set by management.
- To develop the business of an assigned group of retail agents: who have a certain loyalty to the company.
- who follow the philosophy of the company regarding submitting applications, binding risks, and paying in a timely manner.
- who regularly produce a minimum of $50,000 in premiums per year.
- who have an average “hit ratio” of 33%.
- To follow organization and department procedures and to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- To have a good attendance record.
- To produce a book of business equal to at least $250,000 in net revenues to the company after a maximum of three years.
- To represent the company well in every instance.
- Excellent computer, typing, word processing and speaking skills.
- Ease with numbers, negotiation of premiums, details.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a P&C Underwriter at an MGA.
- Completion of classes and testing required for a General Lines License by the end of six months at the company; regular completion of required Continuing Education classes.
- Excellent knowledge of rating, coverages, and underwriting guidelines for the company’s specific insurance markets.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to bring at hiring, or to develop within a reasonable time, enough retail agents to produce a minimum of $250,000 in net revenues per year (within three years). Interest in becoming an “entrepreneur” regarding production, marketing and bonuses.
- Remain up-to-date on all guidelines and forms of the company markets.
- Visit all assigned agents at least once a year, documenting the visits in the company’s Management System.
- Request of the agents any information required prior to issuing a proper quote.
- Whenever possible, respond to all agent requests the same day that the request was made.
- Follow up with risks submitted to the various markets, and keep the agents informed of the status of their submissions.
- Issue quotes to the agents in a timely and professional manner.
- Document all transactions and correspondence in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Upon receiving binder requests, follow all of the company’s procedures necessary to produce policies in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership for any Underwriter Trainee assigned to you.
- As much as is possible, protect the company and its markets from adverse risks and questionable underwriting information provided by agents.
- Develop good relationships with all market representatives.
- Work as a good team member with all company employees