We are looking for an Underground Principle Engineer- Technical Services to lead a Mining Engineering team to develop and deliver best practice, timely and insightful technical mining information to operations to execute the DGO project and sustain on-going UG mining operations. This role will ensure that Mining Engineering systems inclusive of production and development scheduling, design, monitoring and continuous improvement are robust, fit for purpose and consistent with industry best practice. The mine engineering systems will be executed to provide timely and accurate information to the operations team in order to deliver safe and efficient mining. As part of the mine engineering system, this role will not only provide design information but undertake and report assurance of executed works to ensure compliance with safety systems, schedule, stability, and productivity and efficiency requirements.
This role is a great opportunity, you will oversee the mine operations reporting systems, taking ownership of production and development reporting tosupport the overall mine management information system. Reporting to the UG – Mine Manger, you will:
· Provide recommendations to the UG- Mine Manager on; and then monitor and manage the appropriateness and effectiveness of mining engineering resources to safely and efficiently deliver the project and production schedule. Assist in the recruitment of resources where required.
· Assist in the development and then implement and continuously improve the technical management system for the DGO project and on-going operations, ensuring integrity of information flow and timeliness of delivery for operational and management purposes.
· Development and implementation of fully documented mine engineering systems including issuing and control of excavation instructions to operations, production drill and blast systems, ventilation design and monitoring, production monitoring and reporting systems,
· Monitor daily, weekly and monthly progress against schedule and provide leadership to the team were variance needs to be corrected.
· Assist and support the Mine Operations superintendent to identify and crystalize operational performance opportunities as well as monitoring the quality of work executed by operations with respect to infrastructure and ground support and escalating where required.
· Provide continuous and accurate operational and technical reporting (as required) to inform the RTK and RTCD leadership on mine safety, development, production and cost performance.
· Provide coverage for the Mine Manager during absences and on-call requirements.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- BachelorDegree in Mining Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
· Competency in Risk Management and Risk Assessment
· Competency in Financial and Business Improvement functions
· 10+ year’s technical underground mining experience.
· Experience managing UG mining contractors in rapid UG development projects and producing UG mines, experience stoping mines with backfill systems.
· Regulatory systems in the US including Federal agencies such as MSHA, EPA and CFR
It will also be beneficial if you have:
· Demonstrated ability to implement, maintain and improve world class technical systems for underground development, construction and production operations.
· Demonstrated ability to implement and manage continuous improvement processes
· Capability to lead a diverse technical team and draw functions together to ensure best outcome delivery of information to the operational and management teams in the DGO project.
· Experience with long-hole or blasthole open stoping with cemented rock fill CRF to backfill stopes.
· Critical risk management and/or other fatality prevention systems.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.