The Associate Director, Decision Sciences will manage UM’s analytics relationship with a grocery retailer in the Chicago area. A successful candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, can engage clients in economic insights, and can drive strategic thinking into client marketing solutions.
We drive a new system of working that puts data, analytics, and technology at the core of every media planning decision. You will be engaged throughout all studies in overseeing data collection, determining analytical approach, results interpretation, and generating data-driven insights and optimization opportunities to solve business problems and challenges. This position is critical in hands-on delivery of studies and provision of actionable insights and recommendations in order to drive high client satisfaction.
Will act as a key interface for clients and will work closely with Account Management and Mediabrands Data & technology teams to ensure projects are aligned to client business goals and strategy.
- Data Extraction, Transformation & Loading
- Data Quality & Hygiene
- Holistic business performance reporting & dashboarding
- Bridging the planning target to Audiences that we can buy/reach with media
- Audience measurement within and across channels
- Media measurement vendor evaluation, contracting & budget management
- Cross Channel Response Analytics & Media Plan Optimization
- In Channel Response Attribution Analytics & Investment Plan Optimization
- Team and people management
- New Business Development support
- 7+ years in Media Analytics /or Audience Research
- Strong communication skills to convert complex analytical processes into easily digestible messaging, both verbally and in writing and with an attention to detail
- Advanced critical thinking skills in using data and analysis to develop logic-driven point of views and insights
- Strong project management skills and the ability to simultaneously lead multiple ongoing project stream
- Strong background and hands on experience in statistical analysis, particularly statistical modeling and numerical optimizations on a wide range of data sources (sales, brand equity, search interest, website visits, social media)
- Fluency in data management, statistical and optimization languages, ideally SAS/R/SQL/PYTHON/GAMS
- Experience with Tableau or QlikView or any other dashboarding & data visualization tool is desirable
- Firm grasp of media metrics in both digital and traditional: Media (e.g. impression, GRP, CPV etc.), Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI, Effectiveness, etc.), Statistics (Correlations, sample sizing, t-value VIF etc.)
- Experience with the following industry tools: Syndicated Consumer (e.g. Simmons, MRI), Syndicated Sales (e.g. IRI, Nielsen), Media Consumption (e.g. N-Power, Arbitron, Comscore), Paid Media Monitoring (e.g. Kantar, AdViews), Social Media Monitoring (e.g. NetBase, Sysomos), 1st Party (e.g. CRM), 3rd Party (e.g. Blue Kai), Digital Ad Server (e.g. DART, Atlas, Mediamind) & Site Served, Website Analytics (e.g. Omniture, Web Trends)
- Collaboration, including ability to drive clarity in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Technical sales, sales support, and solutions design, especially in a dynamic technology and data environment
- Expertise with advanced analytic techniques, such as multivariate regression analysis, Bayesian shrinkage, predictive modeling, logistic regression, factor analysis, sales forecasting, response prediction, advertising effectiveness, market mix and ROI measurement, data visualization, simulation and optimization.
- Strong understanding of the US data and ad tech ecosystem essential, with a focus on Media (e.g. impression, GRP, CPV etc.), Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI, Effectiveness, etc.), and Statistics (Correlations, sample sizing, t-value VIF etc.).
- Demonstrated success in helping clients take concrete action based on analytics and data
- Demonstrated success in managing analytical, commercial, and emotional elements of a client relationship
- Presentation development and delivery
- Leadership and change management
- Strong written and verbal communication
Tracking Code : 20149117