Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound is committed to becoming a recognized global leader in the development and distribution of world-class imaging solutions across clinical segments and price points. With a strong track record of innovation, Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound technologies are on the forefront of advancing the quality and cost effectiveness of clinical care. The global cardiovascular Product Manager for Ultrasound is responsible for the overall success of assigned high-end ultrasound imaging system(s) within a highly-competitive market space. You will be responsible for driving the overall business success of assigned product(s), from conception and development, to launch and marketing, to operational excellence and profitability in a team environment. You will assist in developing products from existing ideas with opportunity to present new ideas based on your own market and customer experience. You must possess a unique blend of business, clinical, and technical savvy, contributing to and making the strategic vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to witness, document and clearly communicate observations and insights that lead to innovative solutions for the product line. The position will be based in Mountain View, California. Join the innovation leader in medical imaging and help shape the future of ultrasound imaging.
- Lead product definition for product releases, ensuring new products meet the clearly prioritized clinical, operational, and financial needs of target cardiovascular customers.
- Develop the Marketing Requirement Specifications for new/current product offerings by analyzing the clinical, economical, regulatory and social trends that drive product innovation and affect product utility.
- Play a leadership role in a multi-disciplinary team (Product Steering Group) for new and sustaining product development.
- Develop, articulate and validate compelling and differentiated Clinical, Operational and Financial Value Propositions to attract market attention that motivate potential ultrasound customers at the user, reader, and enterprise level to select Siemens Healthineers products
- Develop, maintain and clearly communicate a deep understanding of competitive strengths, weaknesses, and strategic directions.
- Develop and maintain rigorous and sophisticated financial business cases, models and scenarios for new product releases and total product lifecycles. Lead comprehensive business reviews for assigned products.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive product roadmaps for assigned product(s) with clear market and business justification to drive the overall business.
- Coordinate and support the internal and external clinical evaluations of new product offerings and system upgrades. Communicate clinical results to the cross-functional design team.
- Support the Sales and Marketing team to provide guidance and recommendation to develop the Go-to-Market plans.
- Support the Sales/Customer Training teams by providing Train-the-Trainer materials and Knowledge Transfer.
- Perform/participate in market research activities such as focus groups, customer interviews, trade shows and professional meetings.
- Lead by example in supporting a culture of excellence, high expectations, quality, compliance, collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Keep an external focus at all times through regular on-site customer visits with an emphasis on developing unique customer insights that guide the development of breakthrough products
- Significant ultrasound, or similar, industry experience (5+ years) in successful product management of a market-leading ultrasound imaging system(s)
- BS/BA in biomedical engineering, clinical science, biomedical sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven leadership, ownership, and collaboration skills in cross-functional product development and commercial environments
- Truly global perspective and demonstrated understanding of variations in Regional Ultrasound Use Cases, Multi-Modality Care Pathways, and Healthcare Delivery systems
- Ability to travel globally without restriction
- Demonstrated ability to “see over the horizon” and predict future clinical trends, enterprise requirements, and user expectations to enable innovative “first” product offerings
- Flexible ability to work under pressure and meet short and long term deadlines
- Highly proactive “bias for action” and ability to operate with minimal guidance in alignment with corporate goals, philosophies and practices
- Exceptional presentation development and delivery skills
- A strong natural bias for and demonstrated skill in customer-validated product input requirements and performance assessments
- Formal training or equivalent experience in Differential Value Proposition development and testing
- Formal training or equivalent experience in the application of Lean Start-Up techniques in an enterprise environment
- Direct experience in a customer facing role: downstream marketing, commercial sales, field applications or equivalent
- Previous experience in guiding large-scale, complex system programs
- Deep understanding of both diagnostic and interventional cardiology