Cherwell Software delivers world-class IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions in an exciting and ever-evolving industry—while building lasting relationships with both our customers and employees We are a global company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia. We are stable, profitable and growing rapidly!
We are looking for a UI/UX Director to join our Product team in Colorado. This position can be based in Colorado Springs or Denver.
Who Will Love This Job
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- A leader: You are good at establishing clear directions and objectives and maintain two-way dialogue with your team to check in on work and results. Simply, you bring out the best in people and create a work environment where they have the tools to be successful.
- A team builder: You identify each team member's strengths and blend people into teams when needed. You hold your team members accountable for their work and define success in terms of the whole team.
- A communicator: You connect with various stakeholders to ensure that the design vision for the product is shareable by everyone.
What You'll Do
- Guide the team in the direction, style, and methodology of our product
- Manage day-to-day operations of a design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved
- Create designs, covering the entire process from research and strategy via concept to detailed design
- Provide daily management of the quality and tenor of the digital team’s creative work
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables
- Identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs
- Act as a thought leader to nurture and evolve the creative elements of our software product
- Manage, mentor, and grow creative talent.
- Lead a continuous creative dialogue among our development, product and sales teams
What You Should Have
- 7+ years of experience managing a design team
- 10+ years professional digital design experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior digital designers
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization
- Able to commute to Colorado Springs office 2+ days a week
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- Bragging rights – check out our awards!
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO