We are looking for UI/UX Designer for our client in St. Paul, MN
Job Title: UI/UX Designer
Job Location: St. Paul, MN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Scope of the Project:
- Seeking an experienced User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer to support the recent efforts of addressing the COMStechnology obsolescence.
- The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for ensuring high-quality user experiences by incorporating the principles of user-centered design along with adhering to security and legal requirements, and accessibility standards.
- The Client desires to modernize COMS in a manner that results in a more secure, flexible, and accessible system that has longevity for years to come.
- Business enhancements will also be made to improve usability and align the system to current business practices. Lastly, the desire is to have a COMS system that is less expensive to maintain and support.
- Develop a clear understanding of the users, their goals and their supporting work tasks as communicated by the business team members;
- Incorporate user feedback during the refinement of requirements for UI/UX and during user acceptance testing (UAT);
- Integrate user-centered design principles during the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); Conduct usability reviews with the users ; collect and incorporate their feedback;
- Create draft storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes of the user interface (using tools such as sketches/whiteboards/Visio, etc.) for business and technology audiences;
- Create the final user interface designs including graphic elements (using tools such as Illustrator/Photoshop/HTML5/Visio, etc.);
- Create style guides for a complex application with both internal and external customers;
- Ensuring user interface designs meet the State’s accessibility guidelines along with the security and legal requirements;
- Participate in continuous process improvement efforts; Provide clear, concise and honest communication;
- Provide other DOC UI/UX Design development, as needed.
- 7 years experience in designing user interfaces across an entire application architecture for both internal and external users;
- 7 years experience creating user interface artifacts (e.g. wireframes, mockups, storyboards, prototypes, etc.) for business and technology audiences;
- 7 years experience in facilitation of joint application user interface design sessions with business and technology audiences;
- 2 years experience in designed user interfaced following Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Experience in an iterative project environment with ongoing iterative UI/UX refinement; Experience in application user interface modernization projects;
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience;
- Collaborative software development team experience up to at least 4-5 team members; Experience and continuous education in secure software development;
- Criminal justice experience;
- Web layout/design experience – HTML5, CSS, Styling Framework (e.g. Bootstrap);