Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS).
Leidos is seeking a lead UI/UX designer to work with one or more product teams to set the vision and standards for user interface across all of our products. This is a hands-on role working directly with product managers, product owners and developers on scrum teams to mockup and wireframe ideas into workable UI. We develop a suite of products and capabilities for cybersecurity and compliance.
- Establish a user experience center of excellence by defining a repeatable user-centered design methodology, creating a standard design language.
- Conduct user research to understand and communicate the problem space through personas, scenarios and journey maps.
- Create low-fidelity wireframes and design comps detailing the visual and interaction design specifications for a solution.
- Administer end-user testing to assess and refine effectiveness of task completion for workflows.
- Create a standard design language documenting style, components and patterns to drive user interface consistency and improved development velocity.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, product owners and developers championing the user perspective within the broader software development lifecycle.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Design, Information Technology or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with some relevant working experience and specialized training that is commensurate with the assignment.
- 8-10 years of user experience design experience with preference given to candidates who also have product experience.
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, InVision or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and clients.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS is required. Ability to prototype using HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment is a plus.
- Experienceworking with visualization techniques to show large volumes of data and Big Data is highly desirable.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ technical experience in the Software or IT field.
- 2-4years’ experience with Agile and Scrum teams working as a Product Owner or Scrum Master.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira is a big plus.
- Knowledge of or experience working in Cyber security field is a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills including confidence working with executive leadership.
- Negotiate conflict resolution when needed between dev leads, product managers and team members
- Proven ability to adapt and maintain a flexible approach to changing needs or priorities.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skill with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to train and educate people in agile trends / ways of thinking
- Ability to apply creative solutions toward solving problems
- Strong analytical, leadership, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent PC Skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer