UI Test Engineer, Sequencing - RT
Santa Clara, California 95052
We are a fast-moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of disrupting next generation DNA Sequencing. Developing our unique platform requires expertise across a range of fields: software engineering, data science, biology, chemistry, protein engineering, circuit design, and electrochemistry, just to name a few.
And while our chip is nano-scale, our data is big. Each sequencer generates gigabytes of raw data per second, resulting in hundreds of terabytes per week, all of which need to be moved, analyzed, and presented to users. The software team is engaged in many projects ranging from internal tools and products for supporting the Genomic workflow to customer requirement driven end user products. We are looking for a SQA Engineer to develop and execute exploratory tests as well as automated tests in order to ensure product quality. As a QA Engineer you will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for internal projects and product development.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using off the shelf tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong Communication skills (verbal and written)
2. BS/MSdegree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
3. Strong collaboration skills and ability to work withother development and test team members
5. Proven working experience in software quality assurance
6. Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test results
7. Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
8. Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
9. Experience with Junit, Jbehave, Selenium
10. Experience working in Agile development environment
11. Java coding experience
12. Experience testing and/or developing medical devices and/or life science instruments
13. Experienceworking with Google PerfTools or similar profiling tools
14. Present Salary?
15. Salary Expectation?
16. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?