Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae's technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.comto learn more.
Ellie Mae is a provider of enterprise on-demand solutions, including an online network, software and services for the residential mortgage industry. We are leading the mortgage industry into the future, developing and marketing software solutions that are transforming how mortgage lenders, investors, and settlement service providers work—and work together.
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer who will be responsible for the development, delivery and execution of code used to perform automated smoke and regression tests on a Loan Origination System and other mortgage systems.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Develop complex data driven, manage automation scripts and framework to support code drops in various environments to support development, test and build deployment teams
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test automation frameworks, solutions and test scripts
- Plans, builds and designs new automation to support new builds and release of the code
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Collaborates with the Automation Staff Engineer and other team members to continuously refactor and improve automation framework for reusability and speed.
- Train and mentor the manual test team to execute and update automated regression suites
- Works closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Is proactive in following up with developers on open defects
- Familiar with using source control software, bug reporting software and Virtual Machines
- May require overtime or off-peak hours to meet commitments
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- 4+ years' experience working as a dedicated Test Automation Engineer
- 3+ years' uninterrupted experience developing automation code in Selenium with Java, TestNG for web based application.
- 1+ hands on experience with TFS and GitHub tools
- 2+ years supporting cross browsers, mobile and tablet testing
- 1+ year of experience testing with application using AngularJS, knowledge of Protractor, SOAP, REST web services testing.
- 1+ year of experience working as a developer coding with a focus on workflow or framework.
- Prior experience working on a financial application preferably a Mortgage Loan Origination System
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and manual testing
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication;
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.