Commercial insurance technology is a big part of AIG that is currently on a transformational journey with a big emphasis on enhancing the user experience of its applications that are spread across the web, mobile and desktop platforms . The UI engineering department under the commercial organization will lead this UI transformation by building a shared framework that will enable dozens of project teams attain their world class user experience goals.
As a Sr. User Interface Engineer, you'll play a critical role in building the shared framework and in setting up the horizontal services capability. You’ll lead a team of dynamic front-end developers, manage multiple work-streams, and liaise with UX, product, business and technology teams to create and deliver consistent, contextual and continuous experiences.
The role requires in-depth expertise in front end development skills and experience in related technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Architect solutions using innovative technology ideas and industry leading methodologies. Work closely with other team members to develop world class reusable UI components.
• Stay current with emerging front-end and interactive technologies, promote their usage as project needs, dictate and drive adoption across the company.
• Architect, construct and manage contributions to front-end frameworks. Create interactive prototypes with front-end tools. Translate design assets like flat mockups, design files and static clickable prototypes into production-ready front-end written with modern tools.
• Provide feedback to both designers and developers on technical feasibility, speed and optimization, and possible alternatives to difficult interactions or animations.
• Mentor geographically distributed teams. Provide thought leadership to team around new technologies, processes and approaches
• Deep expertise in user interface design and front-end development across form-factors and devices.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or jointly in a self-directed way.
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Agile mindset but adaptable to different methodologies.
• Exceptional verbal and written communicator, coordinator, and organizer with experience getting things done in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment; Ability to effectively manage messages and communications for different audiences.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Technical background with a B.S. in Computer Science or related disciplines.
Experience implementing solutions with APIs, RESTful web services & JSON. Good Exposure to OO, Design Patterns and Data Structures.