Engineering San Francisco, California
As a Web UI engineer with Touch of Modern you will be working for a profitable e-retail company – recipient of Tech and Innovation award, during one of the most exciting periods in life of any organization – a period of consistent, record-smashing growth. As our Web Developer, you will be working across the entire software stack (mostly on the front end but with exposure to Ruby-on-Rails backend and mobile systems) to design, develop, and deploy exceptional user experiences for our customers while being surrounded by a team of mentors dedicated to help you bring your game to best possible level.
- UI: HTML/CSS, jQuery, React, Redux, AWS S3, Cloudflare
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, Redshift, Memcached, AWS Platforms,
- Mobile: Objective-C, Swift, Java
- DevOps: AWS, OpsWorks, Chef, Nagios, NewRelic, Rollbar, Fabric/Chrashalytics
We tend to do a lot of things ourselves. For example:
- We built a proprietary email marketing platform that reaches out to nearly 1.5 million users several times a day, has virtually 0% spam complains, and consistently enjoys more than 25% open rate with nearly 25% click-through rate on top of that.
- We designed and developed an In-our own platforms for warehouse, inventory, and transportation management achieving ultimate flexibility in how we run our business.
- Our up-time is almost always at 100% month over month.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with designers to build new products, interfaces, and UI patterns
- Write efficient, beautiful, and reusable front-end code that will power our entire application
- Rapidly iterate and A/B test features to develop the best possible user experience
- Contribute to our front-end code standards. Ensure these standards are maintained through regular peer code reviews
- Test code across multiple browsers to ensure consistent look and behavior
- Help with the site modernization and framework migration (jQuery -> React)
- Keep up with the latest web technologies, patterns, and designs.
- Look for the ways to optimize data processing and page performance
What you bring to this role:
- At least a year of commercial front-end web development experience (experience with e-retail is obviously a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational
- Mobile experience is a plus
- Bonus points for experience with Ruby on Rails, Node, AWS, and
- Willingness to learn new technologies, languages, and frameworks.
- Understanding how important visual elegance is for a site like Touch of Modern and willing to do your best to ship the code you’d personally be proud of, both quality- and UX-wise.
What will you get (besides comp, perks, and benefits)?
- Are you interested taking your skills and career to the next level and working with bright and friendly people who know how to leave their ego at the door and enjoy helping and mentoring their junior colleagues?
- Would you like to learn more about other engineering areas – backend coding and architecture or DevOps improvements?
- Do you enjoy making customers (both internal and external) happy, either by making their jobs easier or by providing them with a wonderful, classy shopping experience.
- Do you enjoy working for a winner?