UI Engineer- Mail
- Job Number: 70814117
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 27-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're looking for an engineer to help us shape the future direction of Mail on iOS and macOS. Your impact will extend beyond Mail, as you help drive the iOS and macOS platforms forward.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment focused on learning.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong object-oriented programming experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Objective-C.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose performance, memory, and other issues by digging into lower levels of the stack.
- Creativity and enthusiasm for design.
In this role, you’ll help us develop new, innovative Mail features while taking existing features to the next level. You’ll be involved from beginning to end — brainstorming, prototyping, coding, debugging, shipping, and addressing customer feedback. You will collaborate with the Mail Frameworks team, the WebKit team, otheriOS application and framework teams, and Apple’s Human Interface group. Our ideal candidate is imaginative and self-motivated, and cares deeply about craftsmanship and quality.
BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred
• Familiarity with UIKit and AppKit • Experience with user interface development • Knowledge of SQL databases and database schema design • Basic understanding of the OS, graphics, networking, and other sub-systems