The User Interface Engineer is responsible for planning, designing, and producing websites and other screen based digital media solutions. The User Interface Engineer also plays a role in providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
·Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that end users face and partner with customers to design viable front-end solutions.
·Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for front-end solutions.
·Designs, creates, develops, and maintains dynamic user interface templates for multiple applications, complete with page-level unit testing
·Architects and implements front-end frameworks to increase development speed-to-market.
·Develops dynamic web pages for high-volume, multi-tier, architecture-based applications.
· Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
· Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Advice and Guidance
· Actively works with less experienced user interface engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
· Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web development technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience designing and developing Content Management Systems
- Working experience with user interface design patterns and visual design elements
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Working experience with appropriate database technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Scrum Developer Certification or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years of working experience