UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS) is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for UTC Climate, Controls and Security’s New Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2018 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. CCS’s New Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineeringexperience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the New Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the CCS New Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year program.
UTC developers have a passion for writing object-oriented, reusable enterprise-level software used by well-known fortune 100 companies. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to create sleek, responsive, user-centric interfaces using current frameworks like React.js, we want to meet you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented User Interface Development Engineer to contribute to our growing development team.
The UI Development Engineer will review and contribute to requirements, plan and estimate development work, architect and implement front-end software solutions, assist with test plans and documentation, and maintain those solutions. This position produces significant results through a broad and deep functional knowledge, demonstration of independence, sound engineering judgment, and the building of strong coaching/mentoring peer relationships.
Under minimal supervision, the UI Development Engineer can be responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project. This position contributes to their team or department by applying their advanced knowledge of front-end architecture and user interface development.
What you’ll do:
- Evangelize the best Web technology solutions for integration into our applications
- Champion best practices for UI development
- Develop and implement robust client-side solutions
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development life cycle
- Work within a cross-functional delivery team to produce tangible, customer-facing deliverables.
- Translate wireframes and storyboards into a compelling user experience
- Translate agile software development stories into reusable units of functionality
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience developing modern web applications
- Creation of exceptionally semantic and accessible HTML5 markup
- Strong CSS skills: including strong organization and structure and a undying appreciation of the cascade
- Experience interacting with RESTful web services
- Strong familiarity with version management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies as requirements evolve
- Comfortable with both collaborative and independent work
- A strong portfolio or GitHub profile showcasing front-end development experience
- User interface design experience
- Familiarity with unit testing of front-end code
- Experience with native mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Team leadership experience
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering and experience in software development and/or engineering capacity with a GPA of 3.2 or higher