Position: UI Developer
This role requires the candidate to possess superior UI development skills and should also be able envision how the end-user would experience our enterprise class cloud management platform across web/mobile platforms and preferably have visual design skills to create intuitive, refined functional user interfaces for our data intensive products. The ideal candidate will thrive in a start-up environment, while managing multiple tasks and activities. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team is required.
- Collaborate with executive stake holders and engineering teams (across geographies) to define and implement innovative solutions for the core product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to UI development to delivery.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wire-frames, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user experience feedback.
- Ensure focus on the highest priority things while balancing both short term needs as well as long term goals, propose several alternative solutions, and keep design iterations to a minimum.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards across the product line.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of proven work experience in designing responsive web / native apps and UI development in Cloud/IP Networking/Telecom domains.
- Must have a BS degree in CSE major.
- Must have prior experience with wire-frame and designing tools – Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and proto.io etc.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and communicate solutions effectively.
- Must have excellent visual design skills to translate from whiteboard sketches to paper prototypes to interactive prototypes.
- Ability to successfully conducting frequent, iterative usability testing in parallel with development.
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to listen and articulate.
- Must have knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Desirable to have Adobe Flex, CGI and prior UI development for Cloud Management experience.
At RackWare, we believe that companies should have the power to freely manage, move and protect their data. We are a venture funded company focused on delivering solutions to easily and cost-effectively enable the use of the cloud for today’s enterprises.