Our client is a global financial services institution for retail and institutional clients worldwide. They are looking for a highly skilled UI developer to implement the next level of their Windows-based application design in a front end GUI-focused role.
This role is based in New York.
You will build Windows-based applications serving internal users. You will communicate and collaborate directly with members of the business, trading desk and development teams to drive feature and functionality definitions.
Your profile is that of a successful self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding work environment. You are intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, you are comfortable addressing audiences, both large and small, in a professional manner.
Key job responsibilities include:
· Work as part of an established, experienced development team to build intuitive and reliable user interfaces that integrate with real-time trading paradigms
· Design, develop and deploy new application components using Microsoft Visual Studio, internal frameworks and 3rd party tools
· Facilitate communication and collaboration with business users and peer technology teams
· Provide application support to internal users
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
· Experience in developing application front-end enterprise-wide GUIs
· Strong programming skills in C#/.NET
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design fundamentals
· Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
· Extensive experience in C#, WPF/XAML, Microsoft Visual Studio
· Professional experience in Windows .NET Framework
· Solid knowledge of MVVM design patterns and the PRISM framework
· Bachelors of Science in engineering, computer science, or mathematics
· Exposure to Java, Python, SQL, scriptinglanguages are plusses
· Financial industry experience is also a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills