Job ID#: 18782BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: UAV Systems Specialist - NAMP Maintenance Specialist
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a UAV System Specialist to support the Navy MQ-25 Program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With general direction this position is responsible for assisting with the planning, coordination, and execution of aircraft organizational level maintenance and support in accordance with the OPNAV 4790 NAMP
- Travels to test sites to provide oversite and direction to personnel supporting test aircraft.
- Provides informal briefs and liaison with test site maintenance personnel related to aircraft maintenance and support
- Assists with the development of test site standard operating procedures
- Investigates and resolves problem areas and collaborates with engineering, operations and maintenance personnel to develop support solutions.
- Typically requires education in aviation maintenance equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor's degree and nine or more years of professional engineering/military technical and/or documentation experience. Equivalent professional engineering/military technical, operations, and/or maintenance experience may be substituted in lieu of education/training.
- Requires 9 years or more of hands on experience managing a Naval Aviation Maintenance Control organization
- Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of Naval Aviation maintenance systems, a strong working knowledge of the maintenance management process, and an understanding of logistic support analysis and principles.
- Must possess:
- The ability to develop, acquire, interpret and communicate maintenance management best practices
- The ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them in an evolving environment
- The ability to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level
- The ability to identify issues and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex support problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately analyze, document, present and report recommendations
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.