Job ID#: 18785BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: UAV Systems Specialist - Manual Source Data Specialist
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a UAV System Specialist to support the Navy MQ-25 Program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With general direction, this position is responsible for researching, and analyzing requirements for operator, and maintenance manual development.
- With general direction this position is also responsible for assisting with the planning, coordination, and execution of shipboard aircraft flight deck taxi testing
- Reviews engineer source data documents with customers to clearly and effectively communicate requirements for operator and technical manual development
- Reviews shipboard test plans with customer onsite representatives
- Provides informal briefs and liaison with shipboard Aviation Boatswains Mates related to shipboard aircraft testing
- Participates with the project engineer and engineering teams to review and develop product systems, functional specifications and operations guidelines.
- Reads, interprets and analyzes engineering source material such as engineering drawings, software documents, test plans, design specifications/documents, and interviews with technical experts.
- Investigates and resolves problem areas and collaborates with engineering, operations and maintenance personnel to develop technical solutions.
- Typically requires education in aviation maintenance equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor's degree and nine or more years of professional engineering/military technical and/or documentation experience. Equivalent professional engineering/military technical, operations, and/or maintenance experience may be substituted in lieu of education/training.
- Requires 10 years or more of hands on experience with Naval Aviation Flight Deck Aircraft Handling
- Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of military and/or commercial systems, a strong working knowledge of the engineering development process, and an understanding of logistic support analysis and principles.
- Must possess:
- The ability to develop, acquire, interpret and communicate engineering technical data
- The ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them in an evolving environment
- The ability to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level
- The ability to identify issues and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately analyze, document, present and report recommendations
- Excellent knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.