General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a UAV System Specialist position in the Product Life Cycle Sustainment - Products group located in Sabre Springs, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in support of Product Life Cycle Sustainment Products, including but not limited to Logistics Analysis, Technical Publication Development, and Training Courseware Development.
- Consult with Program Managers and Project Engineers to develop Statements of Work, Contract Deliverable Requirements Lists, and Department Proposal Memorandums in support of New Development and Sustainment Proposals.
- Collaborates with Program Managers, Project Engineers, product subject matter experts, and project control analysts to develop Basis of Estimate in support of New Development and Sustainment Proposals.
- Research, analyze, develop and document detailed requirements for logisitics analysis and reporting, operator, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures, checklists, technical specifications, alert bulletins, training materials and other procedures and reports in accordance with all applicable acquisition rules and requirements.
- May assist in establishing objectives, plans, timelines, and Integrated Master Schedules for the development of comprehensive technical documents such as procedure manuals, operational specifications, training manuals, presentations, articles and related technical publications.
- Develops executive level presentations including comparisons of actual work performed, cost of work performed, and scheduled work performed along with all programmatic issues, as applicable.
- Reviews document specifications with customers to ensure final documents clearly and effectively communicate technical information and data.
- Investigates and analyzes project requirements and operating problems, and develops recommended solutions to meet company governmental safety and performance standards.
- Participates with engineering project teams to review product systems, functional specifications and operations, to assess and develop needed technical information, and to establish safety requirements for assigned systems.
- Develops documents and presents documents to customers and management.
- Researches, analyzes, develops, and documents detailed requirements or operator, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures, checklists, technical specifications, alert bulletins, training materials and other procedures and reports.
- Reads, interprets and analyzes engineering source material such as engineering drawings, software documents, test plans, design specifications/documents, and interviews with technical experts.
- Investigates and resolves problem areas and collaborates with engineering, operations and maintenance personnel to document technical solutions.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires educational training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree and five or more years of professional engineering/military technical and/or documentation experience. Equivalent professional engineering/military technical, operations, and/or maintenance experience may be substituted in lieu of education/training.
- Must have formal training in one or more safety disciplines.
- Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of military and/or commercial systems, a strong working knowledge of the engineering development process, and an understanding of logistic support analysis and principles.
- The ability to develop, acquire, interpret and communicate engineering technical data.
- Develop and communicate new concepts and apply them in an evolving environment.
- Organize, schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level.
- Identify issues and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately analyze, document, present and report recommendations and excellent knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 22258BR