As a Turnaround Manager you will be responsible to develops and leads a high performing TA team with accountability for flawless execution of assigned TA in event window.
- Responsible for overall T/A planning and execution strategies according to the approved schedule and budget
- TA Strategy and Stewardship
- Own TA strategy and implementation
- Ensure application of consistent alignment with GRS 6F expectations
- Ensure readiness for TR / IR reviews
- Support, coach and counsel of all key turnaround personnel
- Ensure appropriate levels of training on maintenance best practices for all turnaround personnel
- Responsible for effective orientation and assimilation of all IOL and contract personnel
- Responsible for overall T/A logistics plan, overall T/A stewardship (actual vs. budget), overall T/A contract development & administration, overall T/A safety plan
- Conduct effective T/A meetings and communications (pre T/A, T/A, post T/A)
- Act as primary interface with major contractors to ensure compliance with terms and EHS policies
- Ensure planners are meeting milestones for procurement plans and managing material effectively
- Coordination of overall scope of turnaround related capital projects and integration into overall plan
- Primary contact for supporting and/or being consulted on detailed engineering planning, execution and changes management
- Responsible for Total loss control program - communication to and compliance of all affected parties
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Ensure compliance to IOL policies and procedures.
- Ensure readiness for operations for shutting down and starting up units
- Keep steering committee current of all T/A schedules and budget
- Ensure proper approval and follow-up with steering committee on all outstanding meeting items
- Ensure that reliability and quality is maintained throughout the T/A and for future PM's and routine maintenance
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Trades certification/College Technologist Diploma or relevant work experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- Knowledge and execution of DOAG by all turnaround members
- Knowledge of historical turnaround summary
- Able to work at elevated heights and in confined areas
Start date: December 2018
Location: Sarnia, ON
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package - provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date) and one scheduled Friday off per month and four floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.