Job Description and Requirements
The TRS Senior Vice President role is an experienced level position that supports one or more client engagement teams. A TRS VP will have direct restructuring advisory and/or distressed debt portfolios experience coupled with strong financial and analytical skills. In addition to strong data management, interpersonal, writing, and communication skills and executive presence, the TRS Senior VP is expected to have hands-on experience building / developing integrated 3-statement financial and 13 week cash flow models. Ability to lead clients and engagement teams through challenging in-and-out of court turnaround and restructuring situations and willingness to undertake extensive travel is required. At times, long hours during the week and on weekends, due to client demands, may be necessary.
Senior Vice Presidents in Turnaround & Restructuring Services at AlixPartners, LLP typically have:
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant restructuring / distressed experience in a professional service or consulting firm environment. Or, an advanced degree with several years of additional experience.
- Track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet client's needs.
- Understands objectives and integrates individual work stream(s) into multiple projects. Adjusts work stream goals to the broader context of the project. Leads small projects or multiple work streams of large projects.
- Experience supervising other professionals and acts as a positive role model and is seen as motivating to others. Gives clear direction to the team and executes projects according to established team norms, defined roles, and expectations; coaches and develops direct reports. Capitalizes on the strengths of each team member on projects.
- Makes decisions and advises the client using advanced understanding of the core drivers of a client's business. Knows how to leverage expertise in a business context to be impactful.
- Uses a systematic approach to quickly and logically identify issues across situations. Examines issues thoroughly and holistically. Brings in the appropriate experts when needed.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills. Solid understanding of financial statements.
- Advance written communication skills, able to prepare well laid out, easily understood analysis and presentations. Articulately communicates information and adapts effectively to the audience. Delivers influential client communications with clarity and confidence.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Builds relationships with clients and peers.
- Able to work independently. High energy style, flexible and adaptive, works well in a very fast paced environment.
- An undergraduate degree from a top academic institution and a strong GPA required.
- Advanced degree(s) and applicable professional certification(s) are preferred.