The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree in agriculture and will have 3-5 years of field experience in the crop protection industry working in the highly specialized turf and ornamental business. He or she will have a thorough understanding of the US T&O industry. The successful candidate will exhibit strong inter-personal skills and be equally skilled at communicating with fellow colleagues at the university or private level as well as marketing and sales people and customers. The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in translating detailed scientific information into practical decision-ready information for non-technical clients. He or she will be a self-starter able to take initiative and conduct themselves in a professional manner with little direct supervision. The successful candidate will be a strong team player and thrive in the role of being the lead technical expert supporting the sales needs in their assigned region.
- P&L responsibility
- Sales—establishing and meeting objectives.
- Expenses—budget and manage sales support expenses including business promotion, communications, development G&A
- General business functions such as warehouse selection, inventory planning (with support from Gowan Distribution Center)
- Establish relationship with those who influence the business
- Ascertain preferred way to market, consistent with Gowan's capabilities
- Distribution management—gain support and rapport o Distribution field locations—develop a few champions
- Key growers to balance input and support product o Commodity groups and others who influence buying
- Advocate the Territory within Gowan and educate Gowan Company
- Find how to suit Gowan's resources and direction to the region
- Evaluate or generate new product opportunities suitable for the region. Champion these internally and externally.
- Plan business 2-3 years out
- Determine products for focus
- Outline trials needed for development work
- Establish or grow Gowan's reputation in the Region
- Gather intelligence to fit into our global information mosaic
- Build presence as company dedicated to agriculture
- Degree in Plant Science, Weed Science or Agronomy with 3-5 years of experience in crop protection / turf and ornamental industry.