Responsible for direct sales of Air Filters and Filtration Equipment to the gas turbine and industrial compressor market in the East Coast Region (NC, WV, VA, PA, OH, KY). The Sales Engineer is also responsible to identify marketplace opportunities; prospect and engage new clients, further expand existing clientele business, develop proposals, and manage the overall sales cycle. The Sales Engineer should demonstrate advanced sales techniques; market research and business skills while ensuring Company standards for safety, clean environment, quality and productivity are met.
- Achieve sales and margin goals provided by the Segment Sales Manager.
- Develop new prospects through market research, data mining, networking, business associations and other means.
- Initiate sales calls and organize visits to potential clients and end users. Identify key decision makers in the buying process.
- Customer site visits and equipment surveys. Manage and interpret customer requirements. Qualify sales opportunities and prioritize according to strategy.
- Define the best solution to satisfy customer needs. Get support from Engineering and Projects teams as needed.
- Prepare technical & commercial proposals, obtaining necessary internal approvals prior to proposal submission.
- Educate customers on products for TM applications. Present operating characteristics, application advantages, cost justification, enhanced performance and other value added sales topics
- Follow up, negotiate and close sales at different levels (Plant, Managers, Directors, Corporate).
- Review and negotiate contracts terms and conditions.
- Support project installations, coordinate necessary local resources if needed.
- Provide after-sales follow up and support Account Receivable activities if necessary.
- Maintain records, data and other information pertinent to products and customers thru our CRM system.
- Support Segment Sales Manager with monthly reports, marketing activities, product literature development, case studies and new product launches as appropriate.
- Provide detailed sales forecasts as an input for Production Planning.
- Work within a global matrix organization and leverage the knowledge and experience of Freudenberg’s internal network of subject matter experts.
- Represent Viledon at trade shows, conferences, and gas turbine users groups.
- Investigate market trends, new technologies and competitors’ activities. Help in researching and developing new products.
- Manage travelbudget and provide expense report on a monthly basis.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, while ensuring adherence to safety, clean environment, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the air filtration field.
- Sales at Power Generation industry is a plus (Gas Turbines mainly).
- Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects within the target markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in capital project proposal presentations to corporate management and engineering stakeholders. Biddings experience is a plus.
- Must be capable of traveling 50%+ with multiple night trips, mainly domestic but also internationally.