$100K — $150K *
Projects in the Eastern Canada District include highways, bridges, public transportation, mine site development and surface mining, hydroelectric power stations, wind power plants, dams and industrial projects. The district serves the construction and mining industries and operates in eastern Canada.
Applicants must be prepared to travel or relocate, as we have work across Canada
- Mentor and assist in the growth of junior superintendents
- Review and approve the balance of the composite labor rates of foremen, journeymen and workers
- Manage contract administration (subcontractor management meeting / fields for communication)
- Develop a program to maintain good customer relations by involving on-site staff
- Organize and attend additional and regular meetings with the customer for problem solving and planning
- oversee and approve updates Monthly employment cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
- Review, approve and negotiate change orders
- Develop and implement a plan for the completion and renewal of projects
- Maintain a daily journal for record keeping
- Ensure that all performance reviews and timely completed for direct reports
- Recommend, if applicable, organizational, policy and procedural or personnel changes
- Review and approve or reject promotions up to general foremen.
- 8+ years of construction experience, including 3+ years as a superintendent / leader (preferably working on infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, dams, sewage treatment plants, etc. )
- Experience in tunnel construction
- Must be self-reliant, highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the various processes regarding Kiewit policies, procedures and software.
- Ability to identify and resolve any problem that may arise.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in leadership, security, negotiation, planning and contract administration.
Valid through: 4/23/2021