Direct the day-to-day Inbound and/or Outbound operations. In conjunction with other members of the senior executive staff, lead short and long term strategic planning of the operations to ensure all facility and organization goals and objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for the direction of the Inbound and/or Outbound operations and all that it entails: Ensuring we meet or exceed our Units Per Hour (UPH), Cartons Per Unit (CPU), Service on Time (SOT) and Fill Rate goals and targets.
- Coach and counsel executive direct reports, ensure associate counseling and coaching is taking place.
- Ensure departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, and customer service.
- Identify / develop / implement short and long term strategies which enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency for each of the operations departments.
- Continually analyze work processes to identify optimization opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Develop and maintain a work culture that is successful and committed to superior customer service.
- Develop and maintain procedures and metrics that assure customer service satisfaction levels are attained.
- Responsible for driving and managing the change associated with organizational growth.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the development of training programs and ensures staff understanding of programs.
- Provides a safe work environment for staff. Develops and enforces Safe / Smart work practices.
- Performs other related duties, special projects or assignments as required.
- Work closely with operational leaders to prepare for staffing needs projected by volume plans (daily, weekly and monthly). Create/use staffing tools that model staffing needs based on business demand changes. Escalate situations of non-compliance based on reports.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years related experience
- At least five years proficiency in Microsoft Office Required (Word, Excel, Access).
- Excellent written communication skills - 2 years experience summarizing data and outlining directions.
- Business and intellectual competencies to include: industry understanding of warehouse management and supply chain/logistics trends.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal with them directly
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays