$250K — $500K+*
The Business / Product Manager is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy.
• Execute the strategy for the business supporting the Head of NA Payments and Receivables.
• Financials and related reporting for the business, including special projects and critical events, i.e., Profitability Analysis, MYF, Annual P&L Planning, re-engineering GOC and expense reporting.
• Metrics, KPIs, and Execution Updates and Strategy Reporting for the business, includes QBRs, volume trends, NA Business Management Office coordination and reporting, ongoing Technology Financials Review, ongoing Ops reviews, managing/tracking of revenue and expense save initiatives.
• Tech Investment Spend – drive the identification of the business strategy and relevant tech initiatives at annual cycle and throughout the year.
• Employee Engagement – devise and plan employee engagement events throughout the year.
• Partners across product disciplines, assists in managing the overall performance of a given product suite and monitors performance drivers for the products and portfolios
• Implements performance improvement strategies, with a specific focus on cross-sell and integration, including the development of competitive analyses, market analyses, product development road maps, market plans, pricing strategies and product line extensions
• Assists sales and relationship managers in building skills needed to identify client needs, and proposes solutions in line with business objectives
• Gathers market intelligence and develops market sizing studies and models to identify the attractiveness of particular markets segments and product offerings. Defines and analyzes sector trends, opportunities and issues
• Represent customer needs and provide strategic direction on product development features, functionality and overall competitiveness
• Partners closely with sales teams to identify client opportunities and with the client management organization to meet with prospective clients and to size new opportunities
• Builds consensus and awareness of value proposition throughout the organization and key partners
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams, including technology, operations, legal, implementations, and sales to deliver solutions for Citi clients
• Refines and produces sector-specific marketing material that will arm sales force with the tools necessary to grow Citi’s business
• Manages product risk and control, documentation, credit, legal and regulatory risk, and manage transactional P&L through business drivers, and profitability ratios
• Analyzes vertical/product specific P&L's to ensure goals are being met
• Work with global and regional payment/receivables, account management, liquidity, channel and enterprise, STaRS/Service, product processor teams to ensure cohesive client experience to meet the goals of internal stakeholders, while delivering cohesive client experience
• Participates in/facilitates product discussions with partners in asset distribution, legal, credit risk, operations and systems capabilities to ensure seamless delivery of program expansions
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• 7+ years of experience
• Level of expertise and demonstrated experience in Product Management and/or Product Development discipline
• Experience in and understanding of logistics or Industrial verticals experience with e-commerce solutions
• Ability to make complex judgments and provide solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought comparing and selecting complex alternatives
• Ability to apply ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution in complicated and/or novel situations
• Developed diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers
• Experience with and confidence in delivering presentations to clients and senior managers
• Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Valid through: 8/13/2020